We took a chance and bought two "untested, parts or repair" motors online from MEL-CO. We figured they would be seized or have thrown rods or something and we could rebuild them. This was the first one to show up, it's from August of 2005, and was replaced under warranty about 1 year later. We were surprised to find that it had compression and spark. So we threw it on a tractor, hooked up a gas tank and gave it a try. Mechanically it's fine, it still may have some problem with the stator or something electrical, we don't know yet. But that's small beans right now. I hope that the 26HP one we bought will be just as good. Oh, and we obviously forgot to hook up something to ground out the spark, lol! UPDATE 8/1/08: This engine is now on our new Craftsman DLT2000 with pedal drive. It runs great!